Phi Wire Hand Picked Politics - Live

  • John Rentoul | League table of Prime Ministers

    • source icon
    • 22:59
  • Kevin Meagher | If Cameron was smart, he’d recapitalise the food banks

    • source icon
    • 22:29
  • Harriet Harman | Govt that failed to notice #costoflivingcrisis now says it's over!Out of touch!

    • source icon
    • 22:08
  • Andrew Gilligan | Lutfur Rahman and police denials fall apart: there is a criminalinvestigation of...

    • source icon
    • 19:34
  • Faisal Islam | Willie Walsh announces to @mattfrei that BA will be partly flying their planes o...

    • source icon
    • 19:30
  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

  • PoliticsHome | Only the latest five entries on the PhiWire are visible to non-subscribers

RSS

Andy Coulson's 'photo casebook'

The Guardian has unearthed the modelling past of a young Andy Coulson, long before he came to Downing Street, while working as a reporter for the Sun's 'Bizarre' column in the 1980s. He posed for the Dear Dierdre advice column as "Mick", a husband who demands his conjugal rights five times a day, prompting his wife "Linda" to write in for help.

Post-baby blues?

Kevin Maguire reports in his diary column for the New Statesman that a Conservative researcher was one of the few people in the country whose heart didn't melt at the sign of Florence Cameron being cradled by her parents outside Downing Street. Apparently "he thought it insensitive for Dave and Sam to show off their new child a few days after Hague had expressed baby heartache". Mr Maguire concludes "this ConDem coalition isn't a happy one. Increasingly within the Cons and the Dems, not between the Cons and the Dems."

Nick Clegg's Library

Deputy prime minister Nick Clegg showed off an encyclopaedic knowledge of literary references in his speech this morning on the need for long-term government reform. There was "the great liberal philosopher John Stuart Mill", followed by Oscar Wilde's edict on temptation. He talked of John Rawls' "veil of ignorance", and then politicians Benjamin Disraeli, Winston Churchill and William Gladstone in quick succession, with a nod to pop culture in a reference to "a Hollywood actress". 

D Miliband has 80% chance of becoming leader

Political Betting indicates that David Miliband has an 80% chance of being voted in as Labour leader. Brother Ed has fallen to 20%.

Guardian: Mrs Cameron's Diary

The Guardian has published a tongue-in-cheek account of Samantha Cameron's sleepless nights since the birth of her daughter, featuring 'Dave' and 'Cleggsy', and such lines as "Without being ungrateful, most of the stuff from Dave's tame rich-listers is just begging to be re-homed."