Filming Starts On Jacob Rees Mogg Reality TV Show
1 min read
Filming has started for a reality TV show focused on former Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg.
The former Tory MP for North East Somerset, who was one of numerous senior Conservative figures to lose their seats at the General Election, has been filming a fly-on-the-wall documentary with the production company Optomen throughout the election. It is expected to stream on Discovery+.
As part of the show, they have filmed Rees-Mogg, ex-minister and GB News presenter, in his Westminster townhouse, watching the television as former prime minister Rishi Sunak called the 4 July election.
They have also been filming in his 17th-century country home where he lives with his wife, Helena de Chair, and their six children.
A camera crew arrived with him today at the Popular Conservative group’s Westminster conference.
Rees-Mogg last month told the Sun on Sunday that he had been approached about taking part in the show. “It is very flattering. I am thinking about it,” he said. “I may be talking to them in reasonably short order.”
The show is expected to follow a similar format to the series following heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury for ITV and Netflix, called At Home With The Furys.
Rees Mogg's 14-year spell in the House of Commons came to an end last week when he lost to Labour candidate Dan Norris.